To improve the lives of families with medically complex children by creating clothing, accessories and other supports that make it easier to enjoy life and participate more fully.
To be the “go-to” online space for families with children who wear medical devices or who are medically complex, while inspiring others to design inclusively garments into their collections.
How we Treat Others
We commit to treating our customers, employees, contractors and vendors with respect, integrity, and courtesy.
We earn our customers’ trust by:
- Protecting their privacy. We do not share their information without their consent.
- Engaging them in our research. We ask, rather than presume.
- Using their input and feedback to set our product development priorities.
- Designing affordable, quality products that meet physical and emotional needs.
Our designs are the result of collaboration with parents, health experts, caregivers, and fashion experts. We also take a collaborative approach to working with our employees and business partners.
We recognize that while kids who wear medical devices have some atypical functionality requirements, they want to have as much fun wearing their clothes as other kids do. We unleash our imaginations at the design stage, inventing clever ways of hiding functionality within the style of a garment. We are inspired to go beyond making clothes work, to making kids feel good.
We understand that our customers’ lives are already complicated. We focus on keeping things simple:
- Clothes and accessories that make it easier to get dressed
- Practical clothing that kids love to wear
- On-line shopping
- Simple and accommodating delivery, exchange and return processes
- Easy to navigate website with a network community, supports and resource listings.
OUR CORPORATE GOALS
The current ready-to-wear market does not fully meet the functional and other clothing needs of children who wear medical devices. Spunky was created specifically to help meet those needs.
By example, Spunky also hopes to inspire for-profit corporations in a free market to seek out and generously support the parts of our society that face significant challenges.
Accordingly, Spunky’s 5 key corporate goals are to:
1. Create stylish clothing and accessories for children who wear medical devices.
2. Offer our products for sale at a variety of price points.
3. Be a financially stable for-profit social enterprise.
4. Provide an on-line space and community of support for families with children who wear medical devices or who are medically complex.
5. Broaden the industry’s definition of children’s clothing to be more inclusive and inspire others to create inclusively.
Spunky’s planning and execution of its strategies for meeting these goals are guided by the following principles:
- The needs of families with children who wear medical devices or have medically complex children are paramount.
- Customers, employees, contractors and vendors must be treated with respect, integrity and courtesy.
- Products will be designed to achieve the highest quality possible for the price point.
- Value for money must be demonstrable.
- Decisions will be based on sound business principles, guided by our values.
- All business practices must be ethical and legal.